the Move

When I first got Harley, I was living in my first house. When he was only about 8 months old, my roommates and I moved about 2 miles away, on Thanksgiving weekend. Well, this of course freaked Harley out because he only knew HIS house and HIS territory. I left Harley at the new house and went to Shay and Melissa's for Thanksgiving dinner, and when I returned, Harley was nowhere to be found. Immediately, many of Harley's friends went out looking for him (even though it was Thanksgiving day) - all with no luck. As you can assume I was freaking out about it - until we Melissa called me. Melissa's cleaning lady, who lived across the street from my old house, called her and said she saw Harley jumping the fence into the backyard. Harley had found his way home (he knew the way because of the walks he had been on)...but he crossed a Freeway and Val Vista just to get home.

No comments: